Sunday, December 18, 2011

A New Year, A New You


Personally for me, no truer words have ever been spoken. For those of you who know me, you know that this past year has been quite a spiritual ride. And I know it's not over. It's never over until you're dead from what I can gather.

This year has offered me lessons in courage, grief, compassion, love, joy, fear, anger, friendship, family, commitment, letting go, God, Buddha, Krishna, laughter, choice, patience, truth and any other virtue that comes to mind. Those were just the ones that flew from my finger tips.

Choosing to get divorced is not an easy process as some of you know. And once the choice is made, you can't really go back. People are going to get hurt, you are going to experience doubt and shame, you are going to feel alone. It becomes especially challenging when your ex-spouse is really a kind human being. And it becomes very complicated when you have little children who love the hell out of both of you.

There are a multitude of things that got me through this year, and I want to express gratitude for them right now...publicly.

First is my yoga practice. Had it not been for my dedication to the practice, this year could have gone terribly wrong.

Second, is my belief and faith in a Higher Power. You can call it God, guidance, Spirit, Source...it's a Higher Power. It's Faith.

Third are my kids. Without the innocent honesty of our children we are lost.

And fourth are my friends. Want to find out who your real friends are? Dismantle your life, create chaos and change it up a bit...they will still be left standing there....in many shapes and forms. They will show up EXACTLY as you need them to be.

This is life people. It doesn't come wrapped in some shiny paper with ribbons and goregous tags. It sometimes kicks your ass and leaves a mess. But guess what? The gift is IN the mess! It IS the mess!! And it's how you clean up and handle the mess. I have cleaned up many messes this past year. But they needed cleaning. The space under my rug was getting very cramped, if you know what I mean.

And now, new year, new me, new life.

Scary, yes. But living in in-authenticity and lies was sure scarier.

So now I ask YOU....

How can you clean up your life so you can move forward?
What can you leave behind in 2011?
What do you want to birth in 2012?

Be honest...be real...be full of life!

This experience has inspired me to do and be so many things! It has brought so many new, AMAZING people to me! It has brought back the lust for life I always knew I had!

Join me in the New Year...leave your mess behind.

ps...be on the lookout for a new blog...."Taking the High Road: One Woman's Spiritual Journey Through Divorce".... It's time.

No comments: