Friday, August 14, 2009

Facing Our Fears



Is anyone else completely terrified of Ferris Wheels?

This past weekend we went to the Clark County Fair. Honestly, the fair really isn't my favorite place to be but I always have fun watching the girls in amazement.

Ava - my little daredevil - really wanted me to go on the Ferris Wheel with her. I didn't want to tell her I was afraid....I couldn't do that. So I agreed. OMG! I was terrified to get on that thing with her. Where that fear came from I am not quite sure but I was seriously afraid.

So we get on and she is totally excited! I can't get her to stop leaning forward - she was making the seat we were in rock and it was freaking me out! The wheel was moving because other people were getting on and I seriously wanted to get out.

She kept laughing and looking down and then looking at me. I was so happy to have my sunglasses on so she couldn't see my face. She is so intuitive; she would have seen right through me. So we are going around and around and I am wondering when this thing is going to stop!

I was trying to enjoy it and experience it through her eyes, really I was, but it was difficult! I didn't realize I had my arm around her so tight until she said, "Mommy, please! Get your arm off me!" Poor girl!




And of course, you know, at the end of our ride, we were stuck at the very top while everyone else was offered the opporutnity to get off. How does that happen? So we wait and all I can hear myself saying is, "Lean back Ava." I didn't look down once.

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, we get our chance to exit the ride. My husband is like, "Great job you guys! How awesome was that!?" I feel like I am going to throw up but everyone else is so happy and excited.

I enjoy their excitment and realize that once again, one of my little angels helped me to grow and face a fear.

Thanks Ava!






No comments: