People ask me all the time, “How can you have such a positive outlook on life? You’re always so happy!” I usually am laughing inside because they haven’t seen me in every moment of every day, that’s for sure!
What I can say is, it’s NOT about putting on rose colored glasses and looking at life as a Polyanna Princess story. And it’s not about turning the other cheek when times get tough. It’s definitely not about saying “I’m FINE!" (frickin’ incapable of normal emotion) when you’re NOT fine! And for sure, it’s not about being so tough that you “suck it up” every time things get hard.
Nope, my belief is that it’s about facing your life … dead on … with a knowingness that it’s all FOR you.
It’s about embracing your strength when life seemingly kicks you in the ass. It’s about how you react in tough situations. It's about falling deep, deep down into your fears and examining them for what they are… illusions.
I first heard this concept from Michael Beckwith and I thought it was ridiculous to be honest.
It hasn’t been easy. But I also don’t think that life is hard.
- Connection to others, to Self and to Source is the key to flowing with your life.
- Movement with breath actually moves stuck energy helping you to heal on all levels.
- Knowing that YOU created every single event in your life will give you the space you need to fall into those challenging times and understand WHY you created them and WHAT you are meant to birth from that situation.
- Being vulnerable and humble to what shows up for you REGARDLESS of how hurt you were in the past, heals the heart.
- Feeling every single emotion as it’s happening and then allowing it to move through you with breath gives the body freedom from those emotions so you don’t carry them around.
- Letting go with love, compassion and SINCERE gratitude allows those magical moments to show up for you after the hurt, after the pain and after the challenges. Holding onto them only brings more of the same…
Inner peace for me means being able to look at my ex-husband and feel pure gratitude and grace for every minute we spent together. Even the ones when I saw red and wanted to kick and scream like a little kid.
In order to move forward, we must understand how to let go with love and grace …TRULY feeling that love and grace on ALL LEVELS of our being… it can’t be fake … not even one bit. Otherwise it will kick you again and again. After that true release happens you are able to bear witness to complete equanimity without attachment.