Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another call to awakening

I wasn't surprised by the recall on Tylenol, Motrin or Benadryl for kids. In fact, I wondered what took so long. Yes, I have given my children these medications countless times. In fact, my youngest is deathly allergic to nuts so I carry Benadryl around with me all the time.

But instead of being a shocker this was a complete wake up call. How many more wake up calls do we need really before we stop with the pharmaceuticals? Now it's not just the adults with health warnings, it's aimed at our kids which to me, is much scarier and it definitely makes me take notice.

I don't read the news - ever. It clouds my mind, but when something like this comes up I read it in it's entirety. The article said that the meds were not "up to American standards". My question is for how long has this been going on and why not? And how is "American standards" comparable to standards across the world when we are talking about medicine for children? I mean if we are America - big brother - how ARE we setting our standards? And why aren't other children afforded those same standards when it comes to medicine?

This is boggling my mind.

So I've attached a link to an article I found interesting that really made me wake up and do some research. But the one thing I couldn't find was a whole lot of information on natural alternatives. I'm not too worried about letting a fever run it's course. But when it comes to my daughter who is deathly allergic to nuts, I have got to have a reliable natural alternative.

So everyone out there, if you are reading this, and you know of some natural alternatives to allergy medicine for children, I would be so grateful to hear from you.

For everyone else, this is a wake up call in so many ways. Take a look at what you are giving your kids. They the future of this world. It saddens me to see the pharmaceutical companies have so much power when the power truly resides within us. Do yourself a favor, pick up a book on natural remedies....get as far away as you can from the drugs you don't REALLY need. Take back control people.

Thanks for your input.

No comments: