Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Off to School!


Wow - where did the summer go? I mean, yesterday I was making a list of all the fun things we wanted to do this summer and today I'm getting the kids uniforms ready for the morning! For those of you who know me, you know we did everything on our list....berry picking, beach combing, library tours, mall shopping, camping - you name it, we did it!
However, the end of the summer seemed to hit us all like a slow rumbling earthquake. It was fabulous and then the rumbling from beneath the surface began. I can't help but wonder what I could have done differently.
It seemed like the last two weeks were crazy - like the stars were completely out of alignment. No one wanted to share, take turns or be patient with each other. Kids were whining every second of every day, or so it seemed, and I simply thanked God I didn't decide to home-school my kids this September!

We had such a blast this summer but I have to say ... I am ready for those little love bugs to go back to school from 9:00am-3:00pm. If it will buy me 2 hours of not having to answer a question, figure out who started it, clean up from a meal or buckle a seat belt, other than my own, I'll take it! Now keep in mind I don't watch TV, eat bon bons or work out like a fiend. No, just some silence during my day would be nice.

How many moms out there have answered over 50 questions in one minute? I have! How many have spent their camping trips in the bathroom with one child at a time because no one ever has to go potty at the same time! And how many have threatened to give away all the toys unless they learned to get along? Anyone besides me actually toss toys out the car window?

Before you gasp and say, "Wow, I thought she was a yogi", realize I am a yogi but I am also a mom. The only difference may be is that I am totally aware of what I am doing. I am actually conscious when I tell my girls that my head is going to pop off and spin around in circles if they fight over Barbies one more time! This gets a laugh every time.

I love my girls. And I am so grateful that I was able to hang out with them all day, every day this summer. We all learned so much about ourselves, each other, how we relate and how we are all so alike but yet, so different. Mostly, I think we all appreciate the time we have away from each other so we can come back and share what we have learned on our own.

Thanks to my lovely girls for an amazing summer! I adore you with all my heart! Thank you for offering me so many opportunities to grow and change this summer. And thanks for all the times I regressed ... those are opportunities too!

These are the days.....we will remember.....

I will remember every single one - with love.

Mom

No comments: