Friday, July 30, 2010

Seems as if my blogs are always about my children....that's because they are my yoga practice....daily.....all day....every day during the summer. Sometimes we have a nice restorative practice together and other times it's a hot yoga practice day. With two girls who are mini-me's...in every sense of the word....I am reminded every second of every day about where I came from, where I am and where they could be headed.

It becomes quite a challenge to stay centered, without judgment or expectation, while just "being". And somedays it seems much easier to be asleep (unconscious) then awake (conscious)....somedays I wish that I would go back to my "before yoga" Self but I know that is not ever possible.

Once you wake up, you can never go back to sleep.

I starting beating myself up the other day for not "keeping up" with all my photos and memory boards of our escapdes over the years. I have a dining room table that will never be used for eating because it's covered in photos of our life from 3 years...yes I know...disgraceful. My mom would be disappointed I am sure.

But I started thinking about how to be in the moment. How can we be in the moment if we are forced to look at the past and put it in books, in order, labeled and out for everyone to see?

We can't. (And if you know how to do this, please, by all means, let me know! I am not opposed to be proven wrong here!) So I have decided to simply keep up with our life of (currently) lemonade stands, fairy house building, water balloon fights, dolls having breakfast with us and or course the almost daily time outs in our own rooms (yes me included!) I order photos as needed and keep them in some order while living life.

I can't pause life, I wouldn't want to. One day my house will be quiet, I will be bored, I will have more than enough time on my hands and I will have enough money to enjoy it fully. So for now I live life, breathe, notice and just be in this moment, right now.

Oh....I love yoga, meditation, my yogi friends and inspirational guidance ......

Have a goregous day everyone.....notice something incredible today...RIGHT NOW!

No comments: