Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Heart Blessings


With only one day left until I leave for the Dominican Republic, I am reminded in every moment, how precious my time is with my kids. As a mom who does all the drop offs, pick ups, art projects, carpooling, homework, hair styling and boy talking I am often tired at the end of the day.

However, this past week, in preparing for my trip, I have been consistently reminded how fleeting life is. How beautiful this hectic, chaotic time really is. How important we really are to our small children.

In the middle of the night when one of them comes sauntering into my room, I welcome them with open arms and enjoy their sweet breath as they kiss my cheek. Ava's soft little hands rub my hand as she drifts back to sleep. These are the moments not captured on camera that burn a wave in our brain and in our hearts.

Why am I more present now? I imagine it's because for 10 days I will be away from them - my sweet angels who drive me bananas! Who try my last nerve around every corner and who challenge me every day to be better - more myself.

What can I take from this? Live each day as if it were your last. Every moment is precious and full of loving gifts. Cheers to my brave girls! Have a wonderful time with Nana! Remember to take pictures of that Mardi Gras float!

I love you!

No comments: